If you are planning on spending your thanksgiving holidays with family and friends but don’t know which dessert to make, then this is just the best pumpkin pie recipe for you.
The history pf pumpkin pie and thanksgiving go back to the 19th century which is why it holds a special place among any other thanksgiving dishes. It is the one thing that you wouldn’t want to miss from your dinner table.
Alright let’s see how to make a pumpkin pie!
All purpose flour – 3 cups
Butter – 200 gms
Salt – ½ teaspoon
Ice cold water – 3-4 tablespoon
Pumpkin puree- 500 gms
Powdered sugar- 3-4 tablespoon
Condensed milk- 150 gms
Cinnamon powder- 1 tablespoon
Nutmeg powder- ½ teaspoon
Dried ginger powder- ½ teaspoon
All purpose flour flour/Tapioca flour- 3-4 tablespoon
First, let’s make dough for the crust
Tip- For a good crust, keep the ingredients of crust in the fridge for 30 minutes before you start preparing dough for the crust.
- Mix butter salt into the flour and mix until it starts looking like crumble.
- Add 2-3 tablespoon water and make dough. (Do not add too much water to make it smooth)
- Wrap the dough in aluminium foil and put it in the refrigerator.
Now, let’s make filling
- Pour the pumpkin puree in a bowl.
- Grate some nutmeg and add cinnamon, dried ginger in the pumpkin puree.
- Add condensed milk powdered sugar, all purpose flour and dry fruits and mix it properly.
- Your filling is ready
Note- You can make your own pumpkin puree. To see how to make your own pumpkin puree, watch the video.
Finally, lets bake the pumpkin pie
- Take out the dough from the refrigerator and let it soften up for 15 minutes.
- Roll the dough into a round sheet of about ½ inch thickness.
- Place the sheet of dough in a container and crimp the edges.
- Now pour the filling in the crust and put it in the microwave to bake in convection mode at 180°C for 80-90 minutes.
- To check if the pie is properly cooked or not you can insert a toothpick or a knife in the pie.
- That’s it. Your pie is ready.
Pumpkin Pie Recipe - Eggless | The Random Nation
Celebrate your thanksgiving with this delicious pumpkin pie recipe. A simple step by step guide to bake a perfect pumpkin pie with flakey crust.
Recipe Yield: 8 servings
Preparation Time: PT30M
Cooking Time: PT2H
Total Time: PT2H
Recipe Video Thumbnail: http://therandomnation.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/Pumpkin-pie-recipe.jpg
Recipe Video Name: Thanksgiving special - Pumpkin Pie recipe (eggless)
Video Upload Date: 11/15/2019
Recipe Video Description: Learn how to make delicious Pumpkin Pie by following these simple steps.
- All-purpose flour - 3 cups
- Butter - 200 gms
- Salt - 1/2 teaspoon
- Ice cold water - 3-4 tablespoon
- Pumpkin puree - 500 gms
- Powdered sugar - 3-4 tablespoon
- Condensed milk - 150 gms
- Cinnamon powder - 1 tablespoon
- Nutmeg powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Dried ginger powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Dry fruits (optional)